- Created a bootable USB flash drive for Windows 10 for my HTPC, but after adding the files I just couldn’t get it to work (ended up burning to a CD and using an external CD drive instead).
- Later, tried adding new personal files to said USB but couldn’t. So I tried to erase.
- Got an error when attempting to erase. Here’s what happened…
- Goto Disk Utility -> Erase
- Received Error: “Invalid name. Operation failed…”
This is how to fix it:
- Open Terminal
- Type in
diskutil listto determine what the disk number is
- Then type in
diskutil eraseVolume [HFS+] [NAME] [DISK#]
[HFS+]is the erase type you want (I just left it as HFS+)
[NAME]is the new name you want the disk to be called
[DISK#]is the disk number returned in Step 2
- In my case, I did (see below):
diskutil eraseVolume HFS+ prince disk1
- Problem solved!